What is integrated yoga therapy?
Yoga therapy is based upon the ancient Indian traditional science about human existence. According to this philosophy, human existence is comprised of 5 layers called Pancha koshas :
- Annamaya kosha – the physical body
- Pranamaya kosha – the energetic body
- Manomaya kosha- the mental body
- Vijnanamaya kosha –the intuitive body
- Anandamaya kosa – the bliss body
Each kosha has unique features and therefore requires a dedicated set of practices and techniques for balancing it. A disturbance in any one of the koshas tends to bring out imbalances in the other koshas. Likewise, a beneficial effect or healing in any one of the koshas, will have a corresponding beneficial healing in all other layers.
Yoga therapy cultivates total body-mind integration and has very specific techniques for each of the five koshas, which help to balance and integrate them. Yoga therapy is applicable to a great variety of increasingly common modern day conditions such as Back pain, Asthma, Heart diseases, Spondylitis, Migraine, Anxiety, Depression etc. This is something that Western medicine with all its advances, has been unable to achieve; serving to treat symptoms only, but not the underlying the root cause of the disease. The result of successful yoga therapy is the fully balanced personality, free from illness and health issues.
We are blessed to conduct our yoga courses in the beautiful and peaceful ashram belonging to the Chinmaya Mission, located 45 km from Kochi airport (Kerala / south India).
The ashram has a very peaceful atmosphere suitable for yoga and meditation, nature will wakeup early morning sunrise with the singing birds, mantras and bells from temple refresh the mind, ashram library is intellectual sanctuary with spiritual knowledge, students has an opportunity to introduce various courses on Vedanta & Sanskrit. This is a sacred birth place of the great saint Adi Sankaracharya’s one can feel a calm, spiritual energy during their stay in ashram.
The accommodation is generally a shared room for 2 students but we try as much as possible to give you single room accommodation (when there are other courses running in the Ashram you will be asked to share). In case you don’t like to share we will provide you single room upon special request and subject to availability. The rooms are clean and simple with fan, attached toilet and shower with hot water. Laundry facilities and wifi are available in commun area.
The food is a simple vegetarian south indian diet and includes various seasonal fruits. Filtered drinking water is safe for health is freely available in the ashram.
Rules & guidelines for students
· Dress code suitable to the ashram environment is advised.
· Smoking and alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited.
· Kindly lock the door when leaving the room. Do not keep any valuables near the windows.
· Anyone requiring any assistance like medical, taxi etc. please contact ashram office.
· Do not leave bags/personal belongings lying unattended as many ashram workers are from outside. Please keep belongings with you.
· Please switch off mobile phone in dining hall, yoga hall and temple
· Please maintain silence during breakfast and lunch.
· Please inform us if you have any food allergies.
· Please be punctual to yoga class. There will be one day per week free for you.
· Please don’t invite locals to ashram.
· WIFI: The ashram charges for wifi. Please deal directly with the ashram office for all matters related to wifi. Please be aware that they will charge per device!
· ATM Machine: located 1km from the ashram in village. Other ATMs are located in 5km from ashram.
· If you would like to change foreign currency please contact us.
· Library is open from 09.30 to 13.00 and 14.00 to 16.30. Closed on Sundays and every second Saturday.
· In order to receive your course certificate, the course must be completed in full.
Course fees & reservation
Course fee includes only course materials, food & accommodation in shared twin room
In order to reserve a place for this course, please complete this application form and return it with a deposit of 300 Euros, which will form a part payment of the full course fee, mentioned above. This course is limited to a small number of students and we cannot guarantee a place until the full deposit has been received.
Should enrolment be cancelled by a student for any reason, the deposit is non-refundable. In the unlikely event our course is cancelled, 100% of the payment/deposit will be refunded.
What is included in the course fee ?
- Food and accommodation from 15th September to 15th October 2018
- All tuition fees
- 5 course books, notebooks and pens
- Bag and yoga belt for practice